That said, nothing is quite out of reach of a smart two-year old that can move furniture.
Sweet P was supposed to be napping last week when I walked in to find this.
She greeted me, excitedly saying, "Big, giant mess!"
Yes, my dear. That is a big.
I thought the worst of if was cleaning that big, giant mess up.
Later in the week I found out out otherwise.
A couple days after my Sweet P emptied an entire tube of baby powder throughout her entire room, she started having a little trouble breathing.
I called the doctor and they said not to bring her in since she wasn't running a fever.
I waited another day and her breathing got a little worse. Then she started coughing.
The next day we went to the doctor. She insisted on wearing her princess dress.
They didn't seem concerned and said it was probably allergies. Now, I'm no doctor, but I am a mom. My kid, who has never been to the doctor other than for her well-checks, was crying when she coughed and told me she was choking. That's a big deal in my book.
I asked if there was more we could do. Then they obliged and ordered an x-ray of her chest. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a result of the baby powder - which I was certain it was.
My poor little princess.
I hated seeing her in that little gown. She was such a trooper getting her x-rays.
Turns out she inhaled some of the dust and it caused pneumonia. Since they caught it early, she just had to take antibiotics for a week and said she'd be just fine.
Well, it hasn't quite been a week, but, Praise the Lord, she's almost back to her normal self!
I learned a couple things in this ordeal:
- there is no need for baby powder and it shouldn't be sold, or it should be kept under a lock and key in my house
- sometimes as a parent, you just have to laugh - that mess was no joke to clean up but the room did get a thorough cleansing
- wearing a princess dress really can make you feel better
- trust your instincts - no one knows a child better than the parent
- how blessed I am to have healthy kids - seeing her in that little gown made my heart ache for parents that see that sight on a daily basis and I thank God every day for my family's health
So, anyway, thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers this last week and if you own baby powder, toss it! Kidding - kind of.